Sunday 8 December 2013

Kentucky Typer Needs Our Help(!), Jazzing Up A Typewriter (or not), Using Up Paper, And What The Hell Is Vampirestat and Jetsli?

 
 
Hey, I just realised that I'd have to get back on the internet to put up this post, so here's the link to Kentucky Typer's post about his SM9 hiccup;
 
 
 



Here's how the SM3 turned out. Looks alright and makes these buttons a little better to grip if you're in a hurry.
 



And the SM9. Seems to be a better colour combo.



Lately, say, over the past two weeks, I've been getting a lot of traffic from a couple of websites called Vampirestat and Jetsli.de. I think these are domain name websites and they don't seem to hold any relevance to my blog. Scratch that last sentence. They definitely don't hold any relevance to my blog.
I looked at Jetsli and couldn't make any sense of it. It contained links to Jet Skis and Jet Li! What the what? (as Liz Lemon would say).
Vampirestat appears to be directing a lot of traffic to my blog, but I don't want page-views based on wrong turns.
I'd rather rack up numbers based on people who actually come to my blog on purpose, the poor, misguided fools.
Anyway, just a short, quick rant, and I'm wondering if any of you have experienced the same traffic sources on your own blogs.

Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. Vampirestat is a blog vulture that drives itself up on your linking sites, in the hope of you clicking on their site and going in. It is actually is relatively malicious, so I strongly suggest you don't click on them.

    I have had a large amount of traffic come from there too.

    Also, nice work on your Olympias! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. Now you tell me. I think I clicked on a couple of sites to see if they took me back to my blog.
      Man, this internet is hard!

      Delete
    2. I think most of us are dealing with Vampirestat. I first started to get referring links from them a few months ago.

      Delete
  2. Just did a bit of a video about the operation of the margin release mechanism and the movement of the rod pictured in the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px7nbkycN-s&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teeritz, thank you for the kind post about my Olympia carriage release problem. I really appreciate the gesture. Like you, I'm a pretty huge fan of Olympia machines and would really like to get this one sorted out. I'll keep everyone posted on how it turns out.

    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those little plastic "booties" look great.

    Guess about Jetsli: it's meant to catch people who intended to type either "jet ski" or "Jet Li." Then ... PROFIT! How, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how nice, you just got spammed.

      Delete
    2. Spam, spam, spam, spam... Lovely spam, wonderful spam.

      Delete
  6. Check out jetsli.de here:

    http://www.billlawrencedittos.com/jetsli-de/#comment-3063

    They are definitely bad news. If you find out any way to stop them please let me know!

    John

    ReplyDelete