Friday 18 September 2015

Friday 18/9/15 - This Week's Been a Blur, But I Think I Wore Wristwatches.

I'm going to be brief here because I'm super-tired and whatever energy I have left needs to be used for my daughter's birthday. She's thirteen today! One phase of her life ends and another begins.

Last weekend, Monday to Thursday
                                                          Why am I so tired? We moved house earlier this week. My God, I don't know how people do this on a semi-regular basis. I've read of couples who move houses every five years or so. What a chore! There's stuff everywhere. Books are still in boxes and this place has no bookshelves. Our own shelves are quite wide and frankly, I'm sick of them. So my next plan will involve some timber (dressed pine), a router and my jigsaw. I'm gonna make me some bookshelves.

Now that we've moved in, we've noticed that the plumbing will require some attention here and there. Same goes for the electricity or rather, the power points. This place will need a few more of them. And then there's the phone and internet dilemma! But I'll say more about all that in my next post when I'm more alert.
Anyway, I wore the Sinn 103 St Sa chronograph for most of the week. Here's a lousy photo;

             Switched to the Rolex Submariner 5513 briefly (old photo);

Later in the day, I put on the circa 1962 Omega Seamaster Automatic. And a shirt that I haven't worn since 2005. Or was it 2006?;

We went out to a pizza place to celebrate our girl's birthday. She was wearing her 32mm vintage Seiko hand-wound, on a blue and red NATO strap;

She's been drawing these designs on the back of her hand in recent weeks. Must be a teen thing. Better not be a lead-up to tattoos.

Anyway, it's now 9:46pm and I'm feeling sleepy. We'll be going to the old house on Sunday to clean it to within an inch of its life. 
Meanwhile, I'm keeping a close eye on the third most important lady in my life. She's been a little scatty since we moved in on Tuesday. I've read that I should keep her indoors for at least two weeks. She's gonna drive us all nuts! But, as long as she's calm...

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend, all.

1 comment:

  1. ahh yes, the Cat acclimation. When we moved from the Ranch into a condo near busy streets, our 3 cats had to adjust to suddenly being all-indoor all the time. First night they were like car alarms all night, then they seemed to adapt pretty well fairly quickly. Helps if you exhaust them with play a lot those first few days. Fortunately this place was built with natural "cat airlocks" between the main living areas and the egress doors in the form of short hallways with doors at either end, else they would have lightning-bolted out a long time ago. These days they don't even try anymore.