Tuesday 16 October 2012

Emergency Post No. 2!- Mini Magic Margin Project.

First of all, my apologies to the REAL Magic Margin Project;

                                                                                        http://www.magicmargin.net

Mr Adney has done some sterling work with his classroom since the beginning of his endeavour and it was a truly inspiring notion of his to have brought typewriters into a modern classroom. I will surely mention this in my talk tomorrow.


My wife has offered to help me bring these five typewriters into the classroom (I think I'll introduce her as my secretary, and call her Miss Goodbody)  and to keep an eye on some of the more...'unruly' children in the class in order to avoid any damage to these machines. Maybe I'm being a little too cautious, but, if my daughter's stories are true, we'll be lucky to get out of there alive.
Nahh, it should be good.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Can't wait to see the outcome. Think of it as a type-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, an Aussie classroom typewriter project! Just channel Ryan Adney and you're all set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mate.... Those kids will go off! Every kid I've had type on my machines, has loved it. I've blogged about it a few times too.

    Robert did a similar thing in Canberra that day I met him, and he let the kids type on a Blick. They apparently were lining up to get on this old machine. The newer ones didn't seem so interesting.

    I haven't let any kids type on my Oliver yet, but I see their eyes light up every time they look at it - it is just so other worldly to them.

    I don't think you will have much of a problem with unruly children either. You'll be fine. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this will be a big hit. Looking forward to your report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I get a kick out of showing my younger siblings the way some of my typewriters work, so having a whole class of them should be quite an experience for you. I cannot wait to see the update. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete