Thursday 11 December 2014

Friday 12/12/2014 - Re-Watched, Re-Enrolled, De-Cluttered, Re-Dialled & This Week's Wristwatches.

- Friday  12:58pm  ADST - 

Man, things have been busy 'round here.

Last Saturday
                      The family was sitting down to watch The Book Thief (Dir: Brian Percival, 2013) for their Lolly Night Movie. Not me, chum. I had a date with Norma Desmond and Joe Gillis at The Astor Theatre. I wrote about it earlier this week (see previous blog post). Basically, The Astor Theatre is due to close down next May because the landlords have other plans for this historic building. Certainly the building is heritage-listed, and therefore protected from being demolished, but I think the owners of the building have other plans that involve removing the screen, seats and projection room and filling the place with apartments. There's a petition going on at the moment to save this classic 1936 cinema;


I signed this petition some time ago. Then, on Monday, I Tweeted about it to my followers who live in Melbourne. This petition needed another 1,268 signatures. I just checked it now and it still needs 1,197 signatures. Not bad, I guess. Seventy signatures in just under a week. Maybe we might save the place after all. If you live overseas, head over to this petition and sign it, even if you never come to Melbourne and visit the place. I'm sure many of you have been to a small, suburban cinema in your time. If you have fond memories of that experience, then you'll understand why I consider this such an important venue.
Anyway, I sat down at this cinema to watch the Great Billy Wilder's 1950 classic, Sunset Boulevard. I watched it on DVD about four or five months ago, but it was great to see this film on the big screen. This is one of my favourite films and I'll do a proper write-up on it one day.
I wore my Omega Speedmaster Professional. Same pic as last week. I been busy; 


I took this Seiko 7002 to a watchmaker last week;


This is one of two Seiko watches that I wear when there's a risk of damage to the watch I'm wearing. It's reserved for handyman duties, bike rides, workouts at the gym, etc. But I was a little tired of the black dial on it. I have a few black-dialed dive watches, so I thought I have the dial switched over on this watch. I have two spare after-market dials for this watch and it was time for a cosmetic change. The watchmaker told me it would be ready by Thursday.

Monday
             Switched over to this preppy looking Camy Club Star for the beginning of the week;
I've been putting stuff on eBay in an effort to de-clutter a little. There were a few typewriters that I just do not use, so these were the first to go. One was a plastic Remington Envoy III and the other was an Olivetti Lettera 32 that I picked up a few months ago. Also on the chopping block was a Nikon EM 35mm SLR camera and a Nikon zoom lens. Well, the lens didn't sell, but the other items did. And there's a little more space in the house, as we continue to get it ready for sale in a couple of months. 

Wednesday
                   I went to re-enrol for the final two subjects of my course. Speaking to one of my lecturers, she told me that these last two wouldn't commence until 2nd and 3rd Semester of next year. I was kind of hoping to start them in February and getting them done by May. We discussed my options and determined that doing them off-campus would be the best way to go. If, by chance, I make a complete hash of them, then I'd have the option to attend the classes when they commence in 2nd and 3rd Semester. But I'd have to pay the fees again. 
The off-campus option means that I can get started in early February and possibly knock them out within a month or two. Or maybe three.
So that's the plan. The slight down-side is that I won't see some of the classmates that I got to know this year, but I may be able to swing past the college some time next year and see if I can catch up with them that way.
I wore the Omega Seamaster AquaTerra because I wanted something a little more serious than the red, white and blue NATO strap. Again, this is an older photo;


Thursday
               Went to the watchmaker to pick up the re-dialed Seiko;


Turned out nice. The day was non-stop. When I got home, I made myself a drink, while somebody sharpened her claws on the Crepe Myrtle tree;





 

2 comments:

  1. Love that shot with the Seiko and your Royal. Astor instead of the Book Thief? fair enough. Mind you I have seen that film and very much enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Seiko dial appears to have a different shade of blue in each photo. I'm liking this modification, though. Pity the timekeeping is a little on the slow side, but no matter. Hope you're well, sir.

      Delete